Thursday, February 23, 2006

WELCOME

Well I finally decided to start a blog. I read so many of these on a daily basis, I just figured I would jump in the deep end and see how the water was.

I am an auditor from Tennessee, I am married and have a little boy on the way, he is due in late March. We have named him Zachary Layne. I am very excited and will keep you posted when he gets here.

I am an avid golfer and play a little poker. Ok, so I play a lot of poker, but not as much as most. I started playing about a year or so ago. I made a deposit into Pokerstars for $50 and promptly lost it and reloaded. Sure enough, I busted again. Then I thought, you know, I should probably try and learn about the game before just jumping in. I knew the rules and how to play, but I didn't know how to play if you know what I mean. I bought a few poker books, and read them, and in July of 2005, decided I would try and become a serious part-time player. I deposited $100 on PS with the intention of grinding it out in the low limit Sit and Go's and cash games.

Things have progressed nicely. I have had some success in Multi-table tourneys and SnG's and I am still working on my cash game strategy. But I am not in a hurry. I am in this for the long haul. I have no intentions of going Pro and quitting my day job. I enjoy poker as a hobby and I hope that one day I can make it a nice little secondary income.

I recently got back to my roots by playing more and more SnG's and have had a fair amount of success. I built the BR up a little. I have and adequate BR to play the tournies and cash games I want. I like to play $11 - $33 SnG's (especially the turbos....they are juicy), along with $1/2 NL holdem.

My goals for this year are simple. (1) I want to win a MTT. (2) I want to cash in a tourney for more than $4,000 (#1 might take care of #2). (3) I want to become a better NL player. And most importantly, (4) I want to become a better Limit Holdem player. I feel it is a safer game, with less variance and I am always looking for less variance. I am going to start at $2/4 on Stars and try and work my way up. Once I feel I can handle multi-tabling the $2/4 and I feel I am a consistent winner at that level, I will move to the next. I hope to feel confident enough to be multi-tabling 5/10 or 10/20 by years end.

I will continue to play SnG's, as they are my bread and butter and they tend to make up for the variance in NL and Limit. I will play in the occasional MTT, and I hope to satellite into the Big Sunday Tourneys and try for the big score for cheap.

And as for my golf game. It is pretty good. I finished the year last year with a handicap of 4. I was playing really well at the end of my season, and winter came and I just don't enjoy playing in the cold, so I take off from November to February. I have started swinging and hitting balls this year and I am very happy. I am playing with a virtually whole new set this year. i just purchased a new Driver (Cobra Xspeed 8.5') and I am playing a new set of Cleveland TA7 irons. I am very excited about the upcoming season and look forward to keeping you all aprised of the amatuer golf in Tennessee. I will be attempting to qualify for all the major amatuer events in the state this year.

Anyway, this is a little long winded I know, but I felt like I needed to let you all know a little about myself. As for the title of the Blog, it is one of my favorite quotes from Albert Einstein, "Only 2 things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." I love this quote and I am sure you will hear me rant and rave a little about the human stupidity in everyday life.

Until next time, stay loose in golf, tight in poker and watch out for the limper under the gun!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home